Saturday 26 November 2011

King of Fighters XIII - Sweep the Leg

That is an old school KOFXIII legitimately fighting two dimensions is precisely what makes it less appealing, however. While Street Fighter, Marvel and Mortal Kombat have maintained a bi-axis base functionality, the games themselves are very much in the third dimension, an aspect that seems contemporary uninitiated consumer and therefore makes games like KOFXIII seem obsolete by comparison. It lacks "curb appeal", to borrow a phrase from the house hunting shows my mom likes, but despite that still offers a rich visual experience for people with a sophisticated game against the palate. 
The game's soundtrack is an unexpected surprise, while music KOF series' has never been particularly bad, never has been no big deal either. KOFXIII changes through a score of energetic power metal permeates the entire experience. Exaggerated guitar solos, synths and acoustic jams tasty flamenco style adds to a truly exceptional composition. No joke, KOFXIII has the best music I've heard in a fighting game from Guilty Gear XX # Reload, 2003. 

Mechanically, general feeling of the game is not much of a point of departure of the previous KOF games, which is a boon for veterans of the series and something of a curse for the newcomers. One of the main recurring features along this new generation of fighters is accessibility, while high level of play still requires patience and experience, games like Mortal Kombat and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 are very easy to pick and play. SNK Playmore, meanwhile, comes from a school of thought much older, and as a result KOFXIII has a learning curve much steeper. 

Even the execution of basic combos requires precise timing, and supplies necessary to achieve super special moves and NEO-MAX are relentlessly complex as the chain satisfy. Once again, shows that SNK Playmore subscribe to a little more archaic dogma when it comes to design, and in a world flooded with quarter-circle supers and combos in series, the rigidity inherent in the system is a breath of fresh air . Or rather, a breath of ancient air.
That said, a game like it shows how drastically under qualified KOFXIII the 360 ​​D-pad is for hardcore 2D fighters. The title of 4 attack buttons map comfortably in front of the controller, obviously, but entering commands with the D-pad or analog stick is a silly, vague things done. It's annoying, but in reality is of little importance, anyone excited about a new KOF game probably owns his own fight club. 
Similarly, the game sticks to online databases and does not try anything fancy, anyone who has played Capcom fighter in the last 3 years knows exactly what to expect. Is appropriate, regarding matchmaking, and while the games he played little or no delay experienced significant, it is very difficult to know whether or not that will launch later cases. After all, it was good enough to do the job. 

Despite its small annoyances and shortcomings auxiliary King of Fighters XIII is by far the best, the king more polished and solidly constructed game fighters than ever. SNK Playmore has had 20 years to repeat and improve on this concept, and it shows. KOF doubt never penetrate the American collective consciousness like their competitors, but not necessarily believe that it needs to be. Like a hipster favorite band's greatest asset is the extent KOFXIII is cool.

20 comments:

  1. Great post. All readers will definitely like this post. Looking forward for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting tips shared by you. I really like to read your blogs as they contains very important and informative content. I appreciate your efforts. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will probably be back again to browse much more, many thanks for the data.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an Awesome post. Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include almost all important info’s. I’d like to see more posts like this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saved it as a favorite it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near future. Take a look at my website as well and tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your approach on the topic. Your article is as interesting as your previous writings. Keep up the good work, thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don’t know how I should give you thanks for making us aware about this important information!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...